University Award 2005
The selection process for the second CST University Publication Award has been completed.
As per our regulations the competing papers were authored or co-authored by academic
researchers, published either in scientific journals or in conference proceedings,
and the numerical results were entirely or in part obtained through simulation using
CST software products. Submissions were evaluated on a number of criteria including
originality of the application or of the theory, clarity of presentation, as well
as the skilful usage of the CST software features.
5 papers have been selected to win the CST University Publication Award 2005:
- A. Teggatz, A. Jöstingmeyer, T. Meyer, and A.S. Omar "A Forward Impulse Radiating
Antenna for Subsurface Radars", GeMIC 2005, Ulm, Germany, pp. 240-243
- S. Linden, C. Enkrich, M. Wegener, J. Zhou, T. Koschny, C. Soukoulis, "Magnetic
Response of Metamaterials at 100THz", Science, Vol. 306, 19.11.2004, pp. 1351-1353.
- T. Burghart, H. Rossmanith, G. Schubert, "Evaluating the RF-Emissions of Automotive
Cable Harness", IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility EMC
2004 in Santa Clara/California, 9.-13. August 2004, pp. 787-791
- R. Moerland, N. van Hulst, H. Gersen, L. Kuipers "Probing the negative permittivity
perfect lens at optical frequencies using near-field optics and single molecule
detection", Optics Express, Vol. 13, No. 5, 7 march 2005, pp. 1604-1614
- R. Marques, J.D. Baena, M. Beruete, F. Falcone, T. Lopetegi, M. Sorolla, F. Martin,
J. Garcia "Ab initio analysis of frequency selective surfaces on conventional and
complementary split ring resonators", Journal of Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics,
Vol 7, 20 Jan. 2005, pp S38-S43. -together with - F. Falcone, T. Lopetegi, M.A.G.
Laso, J.D. Baena, J. Bonache, M. Beruete, R. Marques, F. Martin, M. Sorolla, "Babinets
Principle Applied ot the Design of Metasurfaces and Metamaterials", Physical Review
Letters, Vol. 93, No. 19, 5.11.2004, 197401-1-4
Each prize consists of a one year free upgrade of the existing CST software license.