University Award 2012
The CST University Publication Award is an annual grant to university institutes and researchers for their work in the application
of 3D EM field simulation. The winners are awarded with extensions to their CST STUDIO SUITE installations.
Prerequisites for participation are that the papers are authored or co-authored by university researchers, published either in
scientific journals or conference proceedings, and the numerical results are entirely or in part obtained through simulation using
CST software products.
Submissions were evaluated on a number of criteria including originality of the application or the theory, clarity of presentation,
as well as the skilful usage of CST software features. There is a special award for short papers which acknowledges the importance of
short conference papers in promoting the practical application of simulation.
The following papers have been selected to receive the CST University Publication Award 2012:
- "Beamforming by Left-Handed Extraordinary Transmission Metamaterial Bi- and Plano-Concave Lens at Millimeter-Waves"; Miguel Navarro-Cía, Miguel Beruete, Igor Campillo, and Mario Sorolla Ayza,; IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, no. 6, 21. Apr. 2011, pp 2141 - 2151
- "Effects of shape and loading of optical nanoantennas on their sensitivity and radiation properties"; Yang Zhao, Nader Engheta, and Andrea Alù; Journal of the Optical Society of America B, 28, No. 5, 27 Apr. 2011, pp 1266-1274
- "Design of a Broadband All-Textile Slotted PIFA"; Ping Jack Soh, Guy A. E Vandenbosch, Soo Liam Ooi, and Nurul Husna Mohd Rais; IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, VOL. 60, NO. 1, 05. Jan 2012, pp 379-384
- "Micromachined 300-GHz SU-8-Based Slotted Waveguide Antenna"; Yi Wang, Member, IEEE, Maolong Ke, Michael J. Lancaster, Senior Member, IEEE, and Jian Chen; IEEE ANTENNAS AND WIRELESS PROPAGATION LETTERS, VOL. 10, 2011, pp. 573-576, 31. May. 2011
- "Ultraconfined Interlaced Plasmons"; Tiago A. Morgado, João S. Marcos, Mário G. Silveirinha, and Stanislav I. Maslovski; Physical Review Letters, Vol 107, 063903, 05. Aug. 2011, pp 1 – 4
Each prize consists of a one year free upgrade of the existing CST software license.
The abstracts of these papers and of many more publications using CST software can be found in our references list.