University Award 2014
The CST University Publication Award is an annual grant to university institutes and researchers for their work in the application
of 3D EM field simulation. The winners are awarded with extensions to their CST STUDIO SUITE installations.
Prerequisites for participation are that the papers are authored or co-authored by university researchers, published either in
scientific journals or conference proceedings, and the numerical results are entirely or in part obtained through simulation using
CST software products.
Submissions were evaluated on a number of criteria including originality of the application or the theory, clarity of presentation,
as well as the skilful usage of CST software features. There is a special award for short papers which acknowledges the importance of
short conference papers in promoting the practical application of simulation.
The following papers have been selected to receive the CST University Publication Award 2014:
- "High-Isolation X-band Marine Radar Antenna Design"; Fang-Yao Kuo, and Ruey-Bing Hwang, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation; Volume: 62, Issue: 5, May 2014, pp 2331 – 2337, National Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan)
- "Superconducting spoke cavities for high-velocity applications"; C. S. Hopper and J. R. Delayen, PHYSICAL REVIEW SPECIAL TOPICS - ACCELERATORS AND BEAMS, Volume: 16, Issue: 10, 3 October 2013, pp 102001-1 - 102001-20 (Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Thomas Jefferson National Lab, USA)
- "Footwear Antennas for Body Area Telemetry"; Domenico Gaetano, Patrick McEvoy, Max J. Ammann, Jacinta E. Browne, Louise Keating, and Frances Horgan; IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation; Volume: 61, Issue: 10, October 2013; Volume: 39, 2013, pp 133-148 (Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland)
- "MULTI-BAND NOTCH UWB BAND PASS FILTER WITH NOVEL CONTIGUOUS SPLIT RINGS EMBEDDED IN SYMMETRICALLY TAPERED ELLIPTIC RINGS"; Anil Kamma, Swapnil R. Gupta, Gopi S. Reddy, and Jayanta Mukherjee, Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, (IIT Bombay, India)
- "Low Profile Cavity-Backed Four-Arm Archimedean Spiral Antenna with 8:1 Bandwidth"; Hongzhao Ray Fang, Mohammed Serhir, Ramanan Balakrishnan, Régis Guinvarc’h, Koen Mouthaan (National University of Singapore, SUPELEC, France)
Each prize consists of a one year free upgrade of the existing CST software license.
The abstracts of these papers and of many more publications using CST software can be found in our references list.