CST European User Conference 2017
The CST® European User Conference (EUC) 2017 offers a collaborative and educational environment where engineers using CST STUDIO SUITE® tools can exchange ideas and talk with CST staff about future developments.
The main EUC sessions will run from April 27 - 28, and will cover a wide range of application areas and industries. In addition on April 26, 2017 we will be hosting a one-day Aerospace Workshop at the Science & Congress Center darmstadtium, with CST and customer presentations focused on the needs of the industry. The Aerospace Workshop can be booked as part of the EUC or as a separate one-day event.
Registration deadline: April 20, 2017
Date: 26 - 28 April 2017
EUC 2017: Compact Seminars
Date and time: April 26, 2017, 14:00h - 17:30h
Location: CST HQ
In conjunction with the EUC 2017, 3 compact seminars will run in parallel at 14:00h - 17:30h on Wednesday, April 26. Capacity is limited and available on a "first-come-first-serve" basis, exclusively to EUC participants. Advance registration should be made through the main EUC registration form. Please bring your own laptop and contact us for a license.
Fee: € 100 Euro (excluding VAT)
Venue & Travel
The EUC 2017 will be held in Darmstadt, Germany.
Officially dubbed “Wissenschaftsstadt” (“City of Science”), Darmstadt is home to CST and many other important science and technology players. The European Space Operations Center (ESOC), which controls many of Europe’s satellites and spacecraft, including the ExoMars orbiter, is based in the city.
Darmstadt has also given its name to element 110, darmstadtium, one of several transuranic elements discovered at GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research, located on the city outskirts.
As well as scientific innovation, Darmstadt is also a center of cultural innovation. It played a key role in the Jugendstil artistic movement, which flourished in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries. Visitors today can see surviving examples of the period at the Mathildenhöhe.
TravelDownload Directions By car
From A67 (E451) or A5 (E35)
- Leave the A5 at exit Darmstadt Mitte. Coming from A67 follow the signs for Darmstadt/Darmstadt Mitte.
- Driving on B26/Rheinstraße you come to the city centre.
- Follow the sign darmstadtium.
- Turn left at the next traffic light after the city-tunnel.
- At the second traffic light you can see the darmstadtium to you right. Drive into Alexanderstraße and turn right into the underground parking area.
- Additional car parks are indicated on the map. Note there is a fee for parking.
- For satnav users, the address is Schlossgraben 1, Darmstadt.
There is a shuttle bus, the AirLiner, which connects Frankfurt/Main Airport and the darmstadtium directly. The journey takes around 40 minutes.
- Arriving at Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof (Central Station) you can take either a bus or tram to the darmstadtium. Journey time is approximately 7 minutes.
- Buses: F, H, K, K55, K56, K85
- Trams: 2, 9, 3
- Stop at Schloß (closest to darmstadtium)
Accommodation at the Welcome Hotel is now sold-out.
€100 + VAT
Fee includes lunch, refreshments and social event.
€240 + VAT for customers with a valid maintenance contract
€600 + VAT for customers without maintenance contract
EUC fee includes
- Social Event
- Conference Sessions
- CST support center
- Lunch & refreshments
- Gala dinner*
*Additional partner tickets can be purchased
€100 + VAT in conjunction with EUC registration
(Fee includes coffee break and Compact Seminar materials.)
Aerospace Workshop & EUC booked together
€280 + VAT for customers with a valid maintenance contract
€640 + VAT for customers without maintenance contract
The following discounts are available:
EUC contribution - 50% discount
- For attendees who have an accepted presentation, the EUC registration fee will be discounted by 50%. In order to qualify for this discount, the final abstract must be received by March 20, 2017 and the finished presentation by March 31, 2017.
Aerospace Workshop - free attendance:
- CST honors your contribution to the Aerospace Workshop by offering free attendance to the workshop for an accepted presentation. In order to qualify for this discount, the final abstract must be received and accepted by March 20, 2017 and the finished presentation by March 31, 2017.
Abstract submission deadline: March 20, 2017
EUC Early Booking Discount
- An early booking discount** on EUC fees is available. For those who register before Febraury 15, 2017, a 25% discount is available. For those who register before April 07, 2017, a 10% discount is available.
EUC University Discount
- For a limited number of qualifying university students, the EUC registration fee can be waived. Please contact CST via firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
*Attendees are not able to combine the discounts. Each discount is only redeemable separately.
**Early booking discounts are not applicable to the Compact Seminar and the Aerospace Workshop.
Early booking discounts are not applicable for those that only register for the Aerospace Workshop.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Substitutions may be made at any time. Please inform us as soon as possible. Cancellations must be made in writing. Cancellation of an accepted registration may be made up to and including April 07, 2017 and will incur a 10% non-refundable administrative fee per cancelled registration. Delegates who request a cancellation after April 07, 2017 and delegates who do not attend, are responsible for the full attendance fee. The attendance fee will not be refunded pro-rata if delegates do not attend the entire conference. The organizers reserve the right to change the program and speakers at any time.
European User Conference 2017 Sponsors
Microwave Journal is the leading resource for RF, microwave and wireless engineers. It brings the latest technical information, industry news and
product updates to the community through both print and digital media. www.mwjournal.com
Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS, Division Engineering of Adaptive Systems EAS
The Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS is one of Germany's most important industrial applied research facilities for the development of microelectronic systems. The scientists in the Division Engineering of Adaptive Systems EAS, located in Dresden, develop key technologies for the connected world of tomorrow. They work on design solutions for complex electronics as well as on intelligent components and innovative systems. The work of the Division is used in a broad range of industrial applications such as communications, automotive and automation technologies Additional information is available at www.eas.iis.fraunhofer.de/en
The Microwave Vision Group (MVG)
The Microwave Vision Group (MVG), founded in March 2008, is leader supplier of antenna measurement solutions. MVG combines the technological expertise, product portfolios and infrastructures of four industry leaders: SATIMO, Orbit/FR, Rainford EMC Systems, and AEMI. With over 350 employees worldwide, of which more than 100 are based in Europe, we've joined forces to meet our clients' every need www.mvg-world.com/en
Rescale is the global leader for enabling high-performance computing simulation in the cloud. Rescale empowers engineers and scientists worldwide to develop innovative new products and perform groundbreaking R&D, faster and at lower cost. Rescale’s ScaleX platform transforms traditional fixed IT resources into flexible hybrid, private, and public cloud resources - built on the world's largest high-performance computing network . www.rescale.com