CST STUDIO SUITE - EMC/EMI Training
Develop your potential with CST MICROWAVE STUDIO® (CST MWS). Improve your performance with our hands-on training course.
The CST STUDIO SUITE® EMC/EMI training course consists of 2 full days. We recommend that you participate in both days in order to benefit from the complete range of intensive application based exercises which will be carried out over the two day period. This training class is intended for Engineers involved in electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), electromagnetic interference (EMI), electrostatic discharge (ESD), electromagnetic environmental effects (E3) and antenna integration.
492 Old Connecticut Path, Suite 500
Framingham, MA, 01701 United States
9:00am - 5:00pm (both days)
From: 25th April 2017
Till: 26th April 2017
The CST MWS EMC/EMI training class will cover the following topics
- CAD import + healing + simplification for EM analysis
- Geometry modeling, variables and parametric sweeps
- Definition of materials, thin panels, conductive coatings, absorbers
- Emissions modeling, ports, s-parameters and far-field calculation
- External plane wave sources and internal noise sources
- Meshing and boundary conditions
- Cable modeling (shielded cables, twisted pairs)
- Compact aperture models (slots, seams, vents)
- Incorporating lumped component circuits into the simulation
- Post processing and field/current visualization
- Panel shielding effectiveness (optional workflow)
- Lighting strike simulation (optional workflow)
- USB Example: Cascading (optional workflow)
- Electro Static Discharge (ESD) (optional workflow)
- Cable Transfer Impedance (optional workflow)
- Cable Studio (optional workflow)
- Conducted Emission from a motor control (optional workflow)
- Rule based EMC checking (optional workflow)
- Customer specific questions and discussion (please send your models in advance)
This course is available to customers or evaluators who want to become proficient users of CST STUDIO SUITE. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. The class is subject to availability (group will be up to 10 people). Please register for a place online.
There is a registration deadline 2 weeks prior to training and subject to availability.
Training material and hardware will be provided on site.
Payment is required at the time of registration. Your place is NOT confirmed until payment is received. We accept payment by check or VISA/Mastercard/American Express credit cards. Please mail a check to: CST of America, Inc. (Training AP), Suite 500, 492 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, MA 01701 or make a credit card payment by phone at 508.665.4400.
Cancellations must be made in writing or via your MyCST account. Cancellation of an accepted registration may be made up to seven days before the training without fee. Delegates who request a cancellation after seven days before the training and delegates who do not attend, are responsible for the full attendance fee.For more information contact CST or call (508) 665-4400.