CST Filter Training
Filters are one of the most important components in MW/RF industry. Their design is most challenging to meet the ever-growing requirements, particularly for bandpass filters with small factional bandwidths.
Starting from a simple coaxial cavity type filter various tuning techniques using CST STUDIO SUITE® will be explored. A combination of 3D and circuit models team up with new built-in optimizers to efficiently tune bandpass filters. CST FilterDesigner 3D will greatly be of help during the tuning phases.
CST filter expert, Franz Hirtenfelder, is coming to Singapore to conduct a one-day intensive filter training course.
1. EM Tuning
1.1. Two Coupled Cavities
- Cavity Definition and Optimization.
- How to find the best Q.
1.2. Two Coupled Cavities
- Group Delay Tuning: Group delay response and zero crossings to find correct coupling bandwidths.
- Eigenmode and PinProbe Tuning: Computation of Coupling Bandwidths.
1.3. Multiple Cavities
- Port Tuning Method: A very flexible method to combine 3D simulation results and schematic circuitry is demonstrated.
- Sensitivity Data and Optimizers: Sensitivity data is used in the TrustRegion Framework Optimizer Setup of post-processing optimizers.
- Time Domain Tuning (InverseChirpZ): Enables the designer to gain more inside into the filter under working conditions, e.g. finding mistuned parts of the structure.
- Introducing Cross-Couplings: Adding more complexity into the filters by using imaginary and complex poles in the design. The test vehicle is extended by appropriate geometries to accomplish the task.
2. Multi Physics-Analyses
2.1. Power Handling
- The maximum of power applied to a filter is very often limited by field breakdown effects. Field
monitors and group delay analyses help to identify the critical locations which is also a function of frequency.
2.2. Thermal and Mechanical Stress
- Electromagnetic losses heat up and deform filters. Thermal and heat effects on the filter's performance will be studied.
Training material and hardware will be provided on site.
Please note that an invoice will be sent after the training was held.
Cancellations must be made in writing or via your MyCST account. Cancellation of an accepted registration may be made up to seven days before the training without fee. Delegates who request a cancellation after seven days before the training and delegates who do not attend, are responsible for the full attendance fee.
For more information contact CST or call +65 6562 8705